Saturday 4 February 2012

Snowy River

The city was lit up in a different way, like a fairy-tale. The six of us took to the streets. This was the group I had missed out on previously, I had rather a good feeling about this time around. No experience was ever the same twice, and i had known that would be the case, but the beginning of this term was so wildly different I felt like I was filled with magic. I must have been glowing, utterly relaxed, allowing the cold to find its way inside gaps in my clothes and the small area of skin showing of my face.

We walked the city for hours, we found some of the beautiful parts- the river opposite the Houses of Parliament, Heroes square, the ice skating rink outside, the giant sand timer and we dived into Hungarian places for food and drink. All the while the snow fell, turning the streets into scenes of wild and wonderful winter.

I can feel the positive and the negative rubbing up against my cheeks trying to find their ways into my body, in order to make battle for my very soul. To see who can take the heart of me. I already know there will only be one winner, but it does not stop the other army attempting to take over. Follow the heart, it is by far the greatest and the winning art. The city, Budapest, was and is absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment