Thursday 2 February 2012

Morpheus

Morpheus is calling.

The voice of Bon Iver on Anais Mitchell's 'Hadestown.' He plays Orpheus on what can only be considered a completely astonishing work of art. Anais Mitchell is now yet ANOTHER female artist's name on the tip of my tongue. An album so rich with ideas and styles of music and executed to perfection that it has become the latest piece of music to change my life, and it will inevitably now shape a moment in time of my life - the months ahead.

I am weary, sleep is coming. It was a long day, from being at school this morning, to a long episode at the zoo with a group of year 3 kids (9 year olds). It was immense fun. Then I reacquainted myself with my best friend on earth and her new flatmate with whom she will share the next 4 months of her life. It was the best birthday ever to be able to spend some time with her. Everything else slipped into place. Watching some comedy, playing a few songs, having some food and then finding a quiet end to the day, at which point I finally coincided with my extraordinary parents for a nice chat on Skype, in which they sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and I blew out the 2 candles on a small cake my mum had sent me. It was a great end to the day. Music, children, friends, fun and games and just the whole city I love made today the best birthday of my life.

I am rich beyond my wildest dreams, and it has nothing to do with money. Surely that is the right way to live my life, even if others would never agree with me.

Thanks to everyone who played a part today.

No comments:

Post a Comment