Friday 10 February 2012

Reaching Out To Nobody

Sometimes your searching arms are met by armies of hands and bodies all awaiting contact and interaction, at other times you are reaching out to nobody. Sometimes the darkness covers us and the blanket feels like it could never be lifted, at other moments the light is so bright the hope almost leaves us incapacitated. Maybe the solitude is enough to feel warm, maybe if you can find its glow and bask inside that you can never be made to feel less than the sum of your parts.

It is not easy to write at times in the aforementioned dark, though try I must to log the emotions I feel. I cannot live in a permanent storm and though there are always multiple solutions I imagine to every problem it seems people throw more at you when you are down, people always fail to see what is staring them in the face.

I must away. The words do not readily sacrifice themselves this eve. The cold in the city continues, though the snow is slowly vanishing. Without doubt the strangest week of my life is almost over, though I imagine it can throw something else my way still. I certainly shall have to see if it takes me down or lifts me up. God bless everyone, especially the invincible one, on her last set of legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment