Monday 20 February 2012

Obstacles of the Mind

Well, I guess we blame others. I mean who among us like to look in a mirror and see the culpable one? Whether it is true, or not. It's so easy, to look outward for this. We spend most of our lives inwardly thinking, shifting, shaping our own times. Yet the second we need to pass the buck, not take responsibility for actions or words, we seek another, some other soul on whom to heap the blame, the weight of the world even.

The truth is, I see it at times, it comes down to me, appears like some golden beacon of light, of clarity, of peace, that we are our own biggest enemies. We cannot get past our own minds, the greatest hurdles, the only true obstacle of our lives, and while we search for answers, for who is responsible, if we were genuinely thoughtful, if we applied mathematical and logical laws, we would solve most of the woes and problems to ever come our way, ever to cross our paths. We are afforded so much beauty in our days, many of us, some who will never acknowledge or give thanks for these parts of our lives, yet we stumble and fall, we dive in and drown.

The obstacle of the mind. My great nemesis. I love her and hate her all at once. My hatred is love in disguise, for the same mind propels me to write and do things the way I do them, to feel proud of the track my thoughts take, even if sometimes I can barely contain or comprehend why things are as they are. Without obstacles we would be nothing, but the biggest one is so close to home it might never truly be overcome. What a glorious life of confusion we lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment