Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hedgehog

So, we all see things slightly differently. Then we express ourselves from that standpoint. I draw in a style apart from yours. We live together. We try to live with one another. What choice? A hedgehog, children's laughter, sublime as a sound filling the air ever could be. I take myself where I go. Somebody may appear there, or perhaps it is a lonely spot. Whatever comes will be valued. However bleak or pristine, acid or milky. My hedgehog is prickly, as is yours. The similarities end there, but we share common ground. Meet me in the middle.

I love this light. Dashing, sliding, pounding through the curtains. It highlights our floors, our flaws, our wars. We become something without even knowing. I morph into you, when you are someone else. Vanishing tricks, returns, I never went away. Look harder inside yourself, if truly you wish to find me. Beneath this prickly exterior lies a tender centre. To hurt nobody, over and over. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment