Tuesday 28 February 2012

Day Off Blues

I am not writing today. I decided against it. I am taking a day off. I felt it was too much. Draining me of my energies, sapping my gentle soul. It sucks the energy levels clean out of me. Every word is an ocean of hope, every sentiment heavily weighted. I planned to put my feet up, watch a film, soak up the freedom of allowing myself little, if nothing to do. The reality was different.

Snow falls again. Outside my window, all day long. I went to school. I came back home. I took this day off from writing. I had a long siesta and fell into a deep job hunt for which I hope to see the fruits of success within a short window from now. It would be good to have the future planned, just a tad.

I didn't write today. Use your imagination. Are you imagining it? Welcome to madness. I assure you. I did not write today.


No comments:

Post a Comment