Thursday 1 March 2012

My Mother and the Invincible Woman (Part Two)

It must be pulling at you. At your siblings. Pulling you apart. Pulling at the threads, opening up the fabric. Watching the stuffing as it spills from the growing tear. Like a broken teddy bear. It must be testing your heart. The patience you have been bestowed is being challenged. Can it cover you in this limbo land? The patience. Is it enough? The weeks drag on. Precious time. Precious from many angles.

Sail out to sea, my darling dear. Be afraid not of the waters, they will hold you and never let you go, take you to far off shores, beautiful places. It will always hold you, pulling you into its waves, its soul. Underwater dreams. Fear not the unknown, for she is the only certainty we truly have.

I can see you. Both of you. In this routine. Beautiful, tragic, trapped in time, lost. Everything exists. Nothing is broken. There are no tears. Only love. Love and all that accompanies it.

I will go even deeper at some point, but I cannot for now. The ocean in this place seems shallower. When I truly get lost the ocean bed will be encased in darkness. My words will create such a space, plunge us into the chasm of sadness and solitude. The home of mourning. The last page of it all. A ray of light will somehow appear and always penetrate this, the gloom. I will turn this into a place where life will blossom and life will bloom.

Step into the darkness and be filled with eternal light.


No comments:

Post a Comment